Monday, December 22, 2008

Sing His Praises

I have a busy week ahead of me, but it's gonna be a great week!
I work today, Tuesday, and only for two hours on Wednesday, and then that Wednesday afternoon and evening we are having a Christmas Eve Open House! It's going to be so fun! I'm super excited. Then of course Thursday is Christmas..we aren't actually doing a whole lot on Christmas day but that's only because we are waiting for the rest of the family to get here. We do have a service in the morning and all the church is getting together for some fellowship. Cinnamon rolls, eggnog, and coffee! It should be really nice!
After Thursday it's just waiting for Sunday to roll around when everyone gets here! YAY!
You know sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the hectic things of life and stress out because we feel like we can't handle it, but I think we really need to practice just stopping and thinking about all the wonderful things we have. We are all so blessed in so many ways. As for me, I have an amazing family, the best friends a girl could ask for, I was raised in a Christian home, and I have a great God. Yesterday in Biblestudy in our study of Isaiah we learned about standing firm in our faith. Everyone should remember that. No matter what is going on in your life, never forget your faith and God who is always watching over us and granting us so many blessings.

"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;" -Ephesians 6:10-18

These verses aren't exactly what I was talking about, but I've always loved them because they show what we need. They teach us how to stand firm in our faith.

Have a fantastic Monday.

3 comments:

Talia said...

mmm, cinnamon rolls...

Gosh, in a week's time we'll be hanging out! Yay! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Those verses in Ephesians are just wonderful, and I love your attitude... it's a good reminder!

Tristan said...

Have a lovely Christmas! Love the verses

*CPA* Su said...

You are most certainly blessed in so many ways. Thank you for sharing that passage of scripture. I pray that you and your family have an amazing time together! I know you will!! Merry Christmas my Sweet Bloggy Buddy!!