Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Season

I told Ashlei that I would write a blog about the parade of lights that we attended on Saturday night so I will now do that now.
This is our second year attending and I still like it just as much as I did last year.
We got off of the lightrail and slowly followed the crowd down the street to where the parade would be taking place. There was excitement in the air. Apparently it was not just me that thrilled to see the sparkling lights and feel that chill in the air which could mean nothing other then that Christmas was coming. As we searched for a good place to stand, we were jostled by the crowd, but I don't think anyone minded. We found a fence that was unoccupied and we quickly claimed it. The anticipation grew as we waited for the first sound of music and the shimmering lights to start moving up the street. It finally came. Our ears were greeted with a song that filled all of us with joy. Nothing beats the sounds and sights of the Christmas season. Some may think the parade a little cheesy but everytime I see it all I think about it magic. I love the lights, the music, the look on everyone's faces, and just knowing that this is such a special time of year. I was texting Ashlei during the parade and I told her how much I wanted her there to share it with me. I was trying to desribe what it felt like to be there and I couldn't really do it so I just said it was like magic. Her response was, "I can't even imagine."



Now it's time for a little christmas cheer with the survey everybody seems to be doing!


Egg nog or hot chocolate?
I would have to say hot chocolate. I do love eggnog, but I would still much rather be sipping my coco.
Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Well in all the movies I've seen, when santa leaves a present under the tree it is most definitely wrapped.
Do you hang mistletoe?
I don't think we ever have actually. I think mistletoe is pretty fun but it could also make things pretty awkward. =)
When do you put your decorations up?
Right after Thanksgiving! That's when the christmas season starts in our house. I'm with the Ashlei, no christmas music until after thanksgiving has passed.
Favorite holiday memory as a child?
I think my favorite is when we put up our christmas tree. When all of us still lived at the house we would excitedly put the first christmas music and joyously put up the tree. There was nothing better! Sometimes mom would even be making cookies and we could take breaks form the tree to decorate sugar cookies.
When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I never believed in Santa Claus so I guess I always knew the truth.
How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
We decorate it with both colored and white lights. Then we simply put all the ornaments we've been collecting through the years on it. It's beautiful.
Snow! Love it or dread it?
I do love snow! I'll admit that it does get pretty annoying, but I still think there's something magical and gorgeous about it.
Do you remember your favorite gift?
Wow that's pretty hard. I've had so many good ones. I would have to say that my digital camera from my dad is up there though. where would I be without that??
What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Celebrating the brith of my Lord.
What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Mmmm fudge puddles!! So delicious.
What is your favorite holiday tradition?
I like that when we open presents we go one by one and not all at once. I think it makes it more special.
What tops your tree?
I don't think anything tops our tree actually. The tree is too tall, there's no room.
Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?
I love both! The looks on people's faces when they open your gift is priceless, but hey what girl doesn't like to receive presents?
What is your favorite Christmas song?
I would have to agree with many people and say O Holy Night. It's actually on right now!! Another favorite is I'll Be Home For Christmas , oh and Thankful by Josh Groban. (see previous post)
Candy canes?
Duh! I love them.
Favorite Christmas movie?
I really like How the Grinch Stole Christmas with Jim Carrey and you can't go wrong with It's A Wonderful Life. I have been told that I really need to see Elf. Can you believe I haven't yet?

I hope all of you are having a wonderful Christmas season!
XOXOXO

4 comments:

Jerusha Abigail said...

what a sweet post! i love the way you described the parade. i know exactly how you feel. there's just something about the Christmas season and the feel in the air and everyone around you that is just that: magical.
fun survey too!

Tristan said...

cute post! wished you would have taken pics of the parade:)

*CPA* Su said...

WOW! That sounds so fun! And yes, nothing beats the CHRISTmas season!! =)

Ashlei Paige said...

uhhh i sooo wish i could have seen the light parade!!! =]