Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Refuge

For some reason I didn't get alot of sleep last night because I kept waking up. So this blog isn't going to be anything spectacular.
I did want to share something with you though. There's a singer named Judy Rogers who is a Christian and she has come out with some beautiful stuff. One of her cds is a psalms cd called Never Be shaken. I think my favorite song on that cd is called Refuge. It is seriously gorgeous, both lyrics and music.
The song is based on Psalm 46 and this is it.

God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble.
So we will not fear, though the earth give way,
And though the mountains fall into the midst of the sea,
Though the waters roar, and the waters foam,
Though the mountains quake, and we're all alone;
God is our refuge and strength.

There is a river, whose streams make glad the city of our God.
Oh, the holy place where the Most High dwells,
He is within her, she cannot fall.
For God is with her to the break of day.
He lifts His voice and the earth melts away.
There is a river.

Be still and know that I am God, among the nations I will be exalted.
Oh, come and see the works of the Lord,
The desolations He has wrought on the earth.
He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth;
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear!
Be still and know that I am God,
Be still and know that I am God.

The God of Jacob is our refuge;
The Lord Almighty is with us.
The God of Jacob is our refuge;
The Lord Almighty is with us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lydia! I am new to your blog and loving every moment of it!
I'm Rachel, I live in Fresno Ca. I'm 23, married, I love the Lord and I work as a nanny. Nice to meet you, you are a lovely lady.
I wondered how you found Judy Rogers? I've looked for her on Pandora and myspace music. But alas :( nothing.
I would love to hear her, do you know where online I can find her?
Thanks!
www.rachelruelas.wordpress.com
rachel ruelas

*CPA* Su said...

OHHHH-her music sounds right up my alley! Thanks for the info! =)

Talia said...

I need to listen to that CD again. It's seriously one of my favorites. How can you go wrong with the Psalms set to such BEAUTIFUL music? Thanks for reminding me of this song!

By the way, for anyone else who is interested in her, she can be found at judyrogers.com , where all her music can be purchased.