Tuesday, September 2, 2008

New People

On Friday morning I was sitting at the front desk in the clinic when one of our patients walks in. This patient also happens to be a member of the same church we go to. She wasn't alone when she walked into the clinic. She had two lovely young ladies with her. One was her niece and the other was a cousin of the niece. Both of the girls were from Australia. How fun! Jerusha and I automatically struck up a coversation with them and they were so much fun!



We got to see them again on Sunday and two other Aussies were with them. The one's brother was there along with his friend. It was great to meet new friends, and they really were lovely.

That Sunday night we had a bon fire with the Australians and most of the people from our church. Lots and lots of fun! And being who I am, I took some pictures!


Jerusha with Rita



Me with Berdina..haha some good times






There were some great skies that night.



Our Bon Fire


Johan and Fred. Johan is one of my friends from church and Fred is one of our visitors.
Andy, Dave, and Gerrit. Dave was the other visitor from Australia.
Rita and I.
It was such a good time that night and I hope someday we'll get to see our Australian guests again!

5 comments:

Talia said...

how fun!! They look like lovely girls indeed.

And I won't write the rest of my comment, but we need to talk, like now... :)

Jerusha Abigail said...

this was such fun! and what lovely girls they were indeed. we're so visiting australia sometime soon here.

Ashlei Paige said...

Aww how fun!

Sunny said...

I'm glad you got to meet new people and are making lots of friends. :)

Unknown said...

Oh how fun, bonfires are the best!