Sunday, September 7, 2008

Harvest Days

It's weird that it's already time for such things as Harvest Fests and getting ready for autumn. This summer has just seem to flown by. I have to admit that I rather like the cooler weather and the cute sweaters you get to wear. I know everyone says that when the end of summer draws near, but then in the middle of winter we're wishing for the warmth of summer! Are we ever content? =)
Well this past saturday Jerusha, my mom, and I went to The Harvest Fest in our area where my mom had a booth for Toastmasters. While she attended to her booth, Jerusha and I wandered around and looked at everything.

We had a childish moment and got our faces painted! hehe

This was some weird water droplet man who was telling you to conserve water, so why not get a picture with it right?

Here are both of us with our air-brushed butterflies.

Jerusha and I got the biggest slices of pizza that you will ever see.


Neither of us finished ours.

Jeursha even went down one of the blown up slides!

So I'm not a huge fan of snakes but this man insisted that Jerusha and I hold one together.


We even got mom to try. You can tell by her face that it wasn't her favorite experience. lol
Yes I held the snake again. Don't ask why.
This was a Python and it was gorgeous! creepy, but gorgeous.
what's harvest fest without a picture with a racecar?
All in all it was a pretty fun day! There was even live music. There was this one band called The Tripping Griswalds who were really talented. Jerusha and I participated in both a hulu hoop challenge and the judging of a bubble gum chewing contest. wow packed day huh?

7 comments:

Jerusha Abigail said...

that was alot more fun then i was expecting, honestly. fun pictures! although i can't believe we didn't get even one of the million and one dogs that were there! is it just me or does the combination of those braids and face paint make me look like i'm 13??
you're awfully cute though. :)

Lisa said...

I like that idea of a community harvest fest there. Here the harvest fests are all run by churches on Halloween as the "Christian" alternative to that night. Not that it's a bad thing, but it would be fun to go to something like what you talk about here.

Ashlei Paige said...

you are so cute! And what a fun little harvest fest!!! =]

*CPA* Su said...

Your ring (in the pizza pic) is so super cute!!! Love it!

Looks like you ladies had tons o' fun! Mucho braveness for holding that snake! Wowzers! =)

Talia said...

ok, this looks like so much fun!! Down-home fun. :)

For some reason in that picture of you and the snake, you look like you're about 10. I think both you girl look youthful, what with your painted-on butterflies. But you're both adorable!

Thanks for your sweet comment by the way... ah, the Judy Roger's CD! I need to get that one out and listen to it again.
I love and miss you, Lyddie-Lou!

Sunny said...

OK, snakes are scary but the butterflies are really cute! That harvest fest looks really fun. The pizza is making me hungry. :)

Unknown said...

That pizza looks so good to me right now... yumm.. and wow those snakes! huge!!