Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Job

I work at my mom's chiropractic office as the "front tech" or receptionist as most people call it.

hehe I love those cards.
It's kind of a fun job when there are lots of patients coming in. You get to interact with alot of people and it's always a good feeling when you're good at something. I've always been told I have a very outgoing personality and my parents thought it would be good for me to express that at the front desk. I answer the phone with, "Hello, Horner Chiropractic, this is Lydia," then I schedule the appointment and make sure they know how to get to the office. I like the actual face to face more then the phone conversations. I still try to convince people that when I talk on the phone it sounds like I'm talking through my nose but they never listen. =) I also am in charge of the billing. That was the hardest thing to get used to I think. I don't know why I had such troubles asking people for money, I mean I've been doing it to my dad for years! =)
With this type of job I have to dress up everyday which is actually kind of fun. I've grown quite fond of skirts and high heels! One of my new loves in designers is FIRE. They make the cutest skirts! I actually have this one in the green pattern instead of the red. I love it!

And you can never go wrong with high heels. They're my weakness.

4 comments:

Jerusha Abigail said...

you're so cute up there at the front desk in your pretty skirts and heels. :)
i need better heels i think.

Ashlei Paige said...

Sounds like you have a great time doing your thing. =] I'm glad you enjoy it. cute skirt.

Sunny said...

It sounds like a fun job! I hope you all get the clients you need.

Unknown said...

I used to love seeing the receptionist at our old chiropractor, especially because I was there so often after I hurt my back. You would be a joy to see all the time :)