Monday, November 3, 2008

Isaiah 1

Yesterday after both church services all of the ladies gathered at the front of the church and we had our every other week Biblestudy. It was such a good one! It was on the first chapter of Isaiah and it was all about God's warnings to His people if they continued to rebuke and ignore Him. Those sorts of studies are a wake up call for me because it's so easy to forget that we can stray into sin as easily as God's people in the Bible. It made me realize that every day I need to be striving more and more to base my life on what God says in His word. He has given us the Bible as a guideline for how we are to live. Although there were many warnings of what God would do to those who denied Him, there was also hope. The book of Isaiah has some of the most beautiful writing in the entire Bible and when it speaks of God saving His people you can't feel anything but grateful!
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool."

Praise our great God for being merciful to us!


4 comments:

Ashlei Paige said...

So very true.

sometimes it's easy to think more along the lines of "what can i get away with?" rather than "how can I please God?"

you're a great girl, cinderelly

*CPA* Su said...

Thanks for posting this Lydia! (And the timing could not have been more perfect, with election day coming and all!) I can't wait to go home and read Isaiah 1 now! =)

Unknown said...

Lovely Lydia! Lovely... God is SO good, and reading that passage just brings me hope. God is GOOD!
I can't imagine life without my ladies from church! I'm so glad you're hooked into a good group, makes ALL the difference!
Rach

Talia said...

amen! I love Isaiah too-- like you said, the writing is so beautiful.
That study sounds so wonderful-- please share more with us as you continue to read!!