Wednesday, April 15, 2009

One of those days

So yesterday I was kind of in a bad mood. I didn't really have a reason to be, but all the same I was easily irritated and annoyed with so many things and people. When I finally got home from work and had dinner I went to my room with a cup of coffe and tried to give myself an attitude adjustment.
I was sitting there at my desk and I looked and saw my Bible. I automatically picked it up and started just flipping pages waiting for something to pop out at me. One verse that caught my eye was Psalm 55:22
"Cast your cares on the Lord, and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall."

One of my favorites that I read again is from Matthew 6.
"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"

As I read these verses my stressed and troubled attitude seemed to slip away. I was reminded of the day in the park with Talia and Jessica. They had both had stressful days and we simply sat on a blanket and read scripture and that was enough to calm their spirits. Isn't it beautiful?

The birds verse will always remind me of Ashlei. She was the one who first really brought it to my attention and it has been a comfort to me ever since.

I will end with this verse form Proverbs 27.
"Ointment and perfume delight the heart and the sweetness of a friend gives delight by hearty counsel."
That is oh so true.
It was so relaxing and wonderful to be sitting there in the quiet and being able to read the scripture without interruption. I don't do it near enough.

1 comment:

*CPA* Su said...

I don't do that enough either. Can you even imagine how blessed our lives would be if we'd only turn to Him more frequently?! I hope your week gets better Dear!